NPI/Manufacturing Engineer - SME
My client, a well-known, SME manufacturing engineering company in Shannon are actively looking for a NPI/Manufacturing Engineer to join their team. This company have an excellent reputation and have low turnover of staff. They are offering a very competitive salary to the successful candidate.
This is a great place to work, they have a flat structure in place so if you would like a position where you can put your own stamp on a company, work on projects from beginning to end and like to working autonomously then this is the role for you.
Reporting to the Operations Manager. This is a great opportunity for a Manufacturing Engineer who is looking to take the next step in their career.
The projects will vary from continuous improvement to new product introductions. You will support manufacturing through the continuous development and improvement of manufacturing processes and support day-to-day operations to achieve targets. Liaise with clients to ensure all goals and targets of the manufacturing process are achieved.
- To provide solutions for the development of customer's products, i.e. design for manufacture, selection of materials, and resolution of processing problems or providing alternatives to customer designs. To develop programs for CNC controlled equipment, including, but not limited to, 3-5 axis milling machines/multi axis lathes and other bespoke processes.
- To continuously improve the manufacturing processes in the Company using Lean/GROWTH principles.
- To plan, lead and control projects along customer and Company time-lines.
- Develop and maintain relationships and lines of communication with colleagues and peers in the Engineering Industry.
- Keep your skills current and be conversant with the latest developments in technologies and materials which are relevant to the Company's business.
- Engage constructively with other functions within the Company to drive continuous improvement.
- To take on other duties which the Company may assign you from time to time. These 'other duties' will be agreed with Management prior to any assignment.
- To meet and / or exceed the Milestones and Goals agreed with the Company
- To resolve problems encountered production processes.
- To research, design, build, evaluate, install, operate, and maintain all of the following; Tools, fixtures, Jigs, production aids, production processes and other systems (made or bought), which are required to make the Company's products.
- To produce standard operating procedures (SOP) and component history records (CHR) used in the production of the Company's products.
- Work with material suppliers on any new material requirements or specification issues or queries
- To conduct feasibility studies, ensuring that the correct processes are chosen for the products that the Company produces.
- Ensuring optimum process capability and design for manufacturability
Skills, Experience and Qualification
- A very practical, constructive and proven approach to problem solving.
- Trained Toolmaker or Mechanical Fitter an advantage.
- 5 Years Previous experience in NPI/Mechanical Engineering Roll.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Understanding of ergonomics and its application in a production environment.
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be competent and capable of leading a team.
- A Degree qualification in Mechanical and / or Manufacturing Engineering.
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing / Six Sigma is essential
For more information please call Teresa on 086 025 9348