Are you a Quality/NPI professional with 2 years + experience in the food sector looking for a high level of responsibility and the opportunity to prove yourself?
Are you keen to progress your career in quality & NPI in a progressive environment where you will learn and develop at a fast pace?
A rapidly growing pre-packed ready meal company in Dublin are currently recruiting for a QA & NPI Specialist
Founded over 30 years ago this organisation has an excellent track record of retaining their staff and in continually investing in the growth and development of their people.
My client work supplies a large proportion of the major retail multiples as well as servicing a range of very large clients in the catering sector and they have become the market leader in their sphere by focusing on the quality of their products and also on the satisfaction of both their customers and their employees.
Working in a large high-volume plant (over 400 people employed) as QA & NPI specialist some of the key elements will include:
- Responsible for the introduction of new products and/or product changes and setting processes through operational departments from NPD handover to product launch
- Accountable for the completion and maintenance of accurate information with regards to products and raw materials and assisting in communicating this information both internally and externally
- In charge of taste panels & SCMRs and reporting back the conclusions/results
- Working as part of the internal auditing team
- Collating the supplier approval certs when external audit teams are on-site
- Communicating and commencing next steps for production trials following transfer from New Product
- Processing recipes following NPD transfer & organising production trials, pre-productions and launches following NPD handover
- Completing production trials, pre-productions and launches & logging results of trials, pre-productions and launches
- Sensory evaluation of new/revised products. & examination of supplier approval status and ensuring log is maintained and up to date
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU!
To hit the ground running in the role you will have ideally have worked in a food production environment for 2 years + and hold a diploma or higher in a in Food Science, Pharmaceutical, Nutritional Science, Food engineering.
You will need to be Internal Auditor certified, a strong communicator, deadline orientated and a skilled relationship builder.
Parts of this role are very customer facing so you will need to excel here and the ability to record, interpret and analyse key process data is vital in the QA/NPI specialist job.
Finally, some knowledge of allergen management/ handling along with an understanding of Food Safety and Quality Management Systems & the BRC Global Food Standard would be important in the QA/NPI Specialist job
WHAT'S IN FOR YOU!
There is a competitive salary available & pension along with a priceless opportunity to gain professional experience in a high volume, high risk food manufacturing facility with a company who are the market leader in their sector.
As NPI/QA specialist you will develop an in-depth knowledge of food safety best practices and the process of taking a product after concept stage to market launch.
So, if you are looking to take the next step in your quality career apply today!