NPI Packaging Specialist
A rapidly growing pre-packed ready meal company in Dublin are currently recruiting for an NPI Specialist
Founded over 30 years ago this organisation has an excellent track record of retaining their staff and in continually investing in the growth and development of their people.
My client work supplies a large proportion of the major retail multiples as well as servicing a range of very large clients in the catering sector and they have become the market leader in their sphere by focusing on the quality of their products and also on the satisfaction of both their customers and their employees.
Working in a large high-volume plant (over 400 people employed) as NPI Specialist you will play a pivotal role in the NPI team and Technical Department where you are responsible for legislative compliance and approval on site with regards to raw materials, product packaging and any product communications
Some of the key elements of this exciting and highly responsible role will include.
- 1.Responsible for the review and approval of all new materials proposed for the site in line with site, legislative and customer requirements/standards and this will involve elements of supplier approval.
- 2.Responsible for the creation and maintenance of all finished product specifications using various templates and specifications systems and generating/providing information as requested.
- 3.Responsible for the creation of pack copy information for finished product packaging and approval of said packaging in compliance with legislative, site and customer requirements.
- 4.Responsible for RSPO certification requirements on site.
- 5.You will also be part of the internal auditing team and will be responsible as applicable for internally auditing the business against the highest food safety standards and regulations such as BRC, TFS, etc.
- 6.You will play a role during external auditors site visits by collating the necessary information relative to the role and assisting as required
- 7.Review and approval of all new/updated raw materials & packaging items proposed for the site in line with site, legislative and customer requirements/standards and liaising with suppliers and key stake holders NPD, Technical Manager, Operations, Supply Chain in relation to same
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU!
To hit the ground running in the role you will have ideally have worked in a food production environment for 2 years + and hold a diploma or higher in a in Food Science, Pharmaceutical, Nutritional Science, Food engineering.
You will need to be Internal Auditor certified, a strong communicator, deadline orientated and a skilled relationship builder.
The NPI job requires a demonstrable understanding of Food Labelling legislative requirements & Food legislation
A background of working with design houses, printers, along worth an understanding of artwork generation and printing process.
Ideally you will have experience with raw materials and packaging specifications and a proven track record of working closely and effectively with customers, suppliers & senior management.
The ability to record, interpret and analyse key process data is vital in the NPI Specialist job.
Finally, some knowledge of allergen management/ handling along with an understanding of Food Safety and Quality Management Systems & the BRC Global Food Standard would be important
WHAT'S IN FOR YOU!
There is a competitive salary of €40-€45k available along with a priceless opportunity to gain professional experience in a high volume, high risk food manufacturing facility.
As NPI specialist you will develop an in-depth knowledge of food safety best practices and the process of taking a product after concept stage to market launch.