Network Manager - Fibre Optics/Transmission/Cisco/Alcatel
A client of FRS Recruitment requires a Network Manager for their operations based in Limerick. In this role you will be tasked with managing a team of engineers in the 24/7 support of a country wide fibre optic network. As the Network Manger you will be required to have a solid understanding of telecoms transmission, MPLS, Cisco and Alcatel devices and team leadership.
- Point of contact for customers for all operational issues
- Direct and manage a team of network operations engineers
- Manage all third party support, customer relationships and service level
- Implement maintenance programmes
- Manage on-call rota system for Engineers on a 24x7
- Develop and maintain systems for performance, fault finding and incident management
- Ensure key projects and day to day operations are delivered effectively and efficiently on time and within budget.
- Provide 3rd Level Escalated problem solving.
- Prepared to learn and develop individually and as a team
- BSc in engineering/electrical/electronic discipline
- 2+ years' experience in leading and managing teams of engineers
- Experience working a technical networking role with Cisco and Alcatel equipment.
- Knowledge of L2 and L3 technologies/protocols related to telecoms transmission.
- Good people orientation and ability to communicate and lead by example
- Ability to manage time and deal with multiple complex problems at once
- Experience of resolving issues for senior staff colleagues, customers and suppliers
- Experience in the telecommunications industry with a focus on transmission/IP or MPLS
Are you looking for a new challenge in your career as a Network Manager?
If so please send an updated cv in strict confidence for this Network Manager role to Carl Casey, IT Recruitment Consultant, FRS Recruitment (0867838584) via the apply link or share with friends/colleagues.
FRS Recruitment is committed to promoting diversity and disability in the work place and is a KANCHI 100 company.