Senior Network Engineer- Kerry
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience is mandatory.
- Should have experience with the maintenance of a large global corporate network consisting of multiple routers, switches and various network equipment.
- Experience with protocols such as TCP/IP, VoIP, OSPF, BGP, etc. is required.
- Should understand and have experience working with carriers and their networks. CCNA/CCNP, CCDA/CCDP is highly desirable.
- This position also requires strong interpersonal skills, project management and time management skills and a successful track record of coordinating and driving issues to resolution.
- Candidates should have a minimum of 2 years industry experience (ideally 5) in a similar environment.
- Excellent IP networking fundamentals and extensive experience in the application of IP protocols.
- In-depth knowledge of and experience with major internet routing protocols; specifically BGP and OSPF.
- In-depth knowledge of and experience with major Cisco platforms; specifically with Cisco 3800 and 3900 ISRs, 4500, 6500, Nexus switches and 7200 series routers including all compatible supervisor and line cards for these platforms.
- Experience with various security products such as Checkpoint Firewalls, Palo Alto appliances, Cisco ASA and knowledge of ITSEC principles is highly desired.
- Experience with F5 load balancers is highly desirable.
- Experience with industry standard security practices.
- Excellent network analysis fundamentals and robust troubleshooting skills.
- Configuring load balancers, troubleshooting traffic engineering using BGP and OSPF and large-scale network design
and maintenance is critical.
- Candidates should also have had significant past experience with, and expertise in many of the following protocols & technologies: MPLS, DMVPN, DS3, SONET (OC3, OC48), Ethernet, 802.2/3, 802.1d, 802.1q, IP, TCP (internals & flow control), BGP, OSPF, HSRP, IGMP, TACACS, IPSEC & VPNs, Netflow, DHCP, DNS.
Please send through a detailed cv with as much content as possible regarding your work experience to date, the skills that you developed there, your personality traits that match this role. This role is based in Kerry. Please outline your reasons for relocating to Kerry long term? Full EU passport/Stamp 4 required for this role.