Opportunity for a Senior Radiographer with a speciality in MRI to join the Radiology team. The role will report to the Radiology Services Manager. The successful candidate will undertake MR scanning procedures of patients using a highly specialised skilled set.
The Radiology department provides a comprehensive range of diagnostic procedures delivered in state of the art facilities by a team of experienced professionals committed to excellence in clinical standards and patient care. The department performs more than 50,000 diagnostic and interventional examinations per year of an increasing range and complexity.
The role holder will be expected to:
* Undertake all MR scanning procedures
* Maintain full safety standards in MR
* Keep abreast of latest technical and scientific advancements within the cross sectional field
* Efficient and effective use of equipment and accessories correctly, reporting any faults to the MRI Clinical Specialist and/or the Radiology Services Manager
* Be familiar with and understand the Clinic's policies and procedures in relation to Infection Control, Fire, Health and Safety at Work regulations and to attend mandatory training
* Participate in the implementation of clinical procedures, protocols and work instructions
* Maintain up to date knowledge of cross sectional imaging and developments in line with CPD requirements
* Investigate and report on all clinical and non-clinical incidents in line with Risk Management policies, making recommendations and assisting with the implementation of remedial actions where appropriate.
To be considered eligible for this role, you must have:
BSc in Radiography
Minimum of four years' experience in MRI scanning
Qualified to administer I.V. contrast
Familiar with a computerised patient information system and PACS
Thorough understanding of legislation relating to MR Health & Safety
Understand the requirements of and promote CPD
Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
Planning, organising and time management skills
Please apply below for immediate consideration for this role. For more information, please contact Eithne VaughanWitts, Senior Recruiter, FRS Recruitment, Medical & Healthcare Division, throught this website.