YOUR NEW COMPANY
My client, Leinster based and one of Irelands most successful milking machine manufacturers are currently recruiting for a Moulding Manager.
The company has a large range of milking equipment such as rotary and herringbone parlours and the demand for their products has never been greater domestically and internationally (currently export to the UK & Asia )
In operation for over 60 years the company have excellent facilities with lots of brand new plant & equipment following extensive ongoing CAPEX investment over the past 5 years and have a good mix of both young and mature employees on-site and with a great culture than encourages everyone to work hard and reach their full potential in an environment that is fun and informal.
Currently the company are looking to grow and develop their in-house moulding expertise and are actively investing in Fanuc moulding technology to manufacture critical items of the company's products range to give control on stock, quality and lead times
Due to this they are looking to recruit a Moulding Manager to help them manage this exciting phase in the company's development
YOUR NEW JOB
My client is looking for a Moulding Manager with strong leadership and experience in Plastic Injection Moulding who will be comfortable managing all operational activities including mould processing, machine maintenance, and tool maintenance and repair.
Reporting into the GM this is a hands-on individual contributor role with the prospect of growing your own moulding team in years to come.
In this exciting Moulding Manager job some of the key elements of your role will include
- Manage and operate the overall activities of the moulding department including production, processing, machine maintenance and tool maintenance and repair.
- Direct and coordinate planning and scheduling of moulding manufacturing with the Production Manager to consistently meet expected product delivery schedules and inventory levels.
- Responsible for assuring the efficient use of materials, machines, moulds, auxiliary equipment and employees.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of both the long and short term goals for the Moulding Department.
- Perform mould set up and colour changes to meet production demands as needed.
- Troubleshoot mould processes, machines, and auxiliary equipment problems and make necessary changes to ensure quality and reduce downtime.
- Set moulding process parameters to ensure product meets dimensional and quality requirements.
- Provide leadership in the maintenance of all operational systems and process controls associated with mould processing, mould maintenance, equipment maintenance and repair. (Documented mould set ups, process intervention logs, product dimensional and visual evaluations supporting product requirements, product validations, etc.).
- Assure creation and compliance to all moulding area related procedures, policies and work instructions.
- Train and develop moulding personnel relative to the moulding process
- Document, report and maintain all critical production information.
- Support new tool design and development.
- Coordinate outside repair and sourcing for tooling and machines when necessary.
WHATS IN IT FOR YOU
As this is a new role for my client, they are keeping an open mind on salary for the Moulding Manager role. There will be great scope for the person coming into the role to develop the dept as you will be employee no 1 and you will also get the chance to work closely with the in house R & D team.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
You will come from a strong plastics background and a relevant qualification in the polymers/plastics etc would be highly advantageous.
As Moulding Manager heading up a new dept you need to take charge and control of the moulding unit and make and take the required decisions so this job does require someone who would relish the challenge of setting up a new moulding dept from scratch.
Sound like your cup of tea, then don't delay and apply today.