Milk Quality Advisor (Cork)
FRS Recruitment are now inviting applications for the role of Milk Quality Advisor for a leading Irish Agribusiness. Indeed this is a full time permanent role offering a competitive salary/benefits and career progression opportunities.
Location: Cork Region (75% of your time will be dealing direct with farmers/suppliers and 25% will office based)
Summary of Role
Given to an internal promotion our client is now inviting applications for the role of 'Milk Quality Advisor' to join a team, including 5 other advisors. Reporting to the Head of Supply Chain, you will be responsible to manage raw milk Food Safety and Quality in compliance with all legal and customer requirements, and best practice on behalf of our client. You will work closely with the existing supply chain team to ensure that the business provides a first-class service to farmers on all aspects of milk management. Be responsible for providing technical advice for approximately 600 suppliers across the Munster region. The advisor will be a core part of the milk management team, liaising directly with both internal and external parties on associated aspects of the advisory business.
- Manage the Milk Quality supply in compliance with legal and customer requirements
- Proactive management of Milk Quality to ensure it is continuously improved and best practice is instilled throughout the milk supplier base and that metrics are in place for trending
- Daily screening of all test results on CoreMilk, CRM and OBIEE
- Provide technical advice to supplier base on all aspects of milk quality
- Work with suppliers to improve Milk Quality to ensure suppliers meet the KPI targets set in respect of TBC, SCC, THD, Milk Composition, Sediment and Thermoduric Bacteria, Lactose, Protein and Butterfat
- Manage farmers regarding SCC and TBC geometric warnings and quality issues with appropriate documentation, monitoring and closing out in a timely manner
- Be actively involved in the TCM/Chlorate sampling programme in their region and will be responsible to ensure their suppliers are under the agreed target limit
- Manage Chlorine-Free policy in their region to ensure non-compliant results are followed up and documented to achieve compliance
- Manage Food Safety and Quality standards pertaining to raw milk including the Milk standards, SDAS, Grass Fed certification, Sustainability criteria and Customer standards
- Maintain an on-call rota with other Milk Quality advisors (one weekend every 5 weeks)
- Active participation in continuous improvement activities and meetings including but not limited to - 5S implementation and auditing, work groups, PSE / RCA etc.;
- Qualification Required: 3rd level honours degree qualification in an Agricultural/Quality science discipline;
- Work Experience Required: 5+ years' experience in a similar role dealing directly with farmers;
- Full clean driving license and available transport to enable transfer between farms
- Competitive basic salary 45 - 55K+ DOE, (attractive bonus to be earned), fuel expenses covered and insurance contribution, pension and more
Click the below and attach an up to date CV to be considered
N.B. we will treat your application with 100% confidentiality and we will never send your CV to a third party without your consent.