Microbiology Group Lead
Our client is a leading contract lab providing testing and research services in the environmental, pharmaceutical, and biopharmaceutical sciences to clients worldwide.
Currently our client is recruiting for a Group Leader for their PSS Team based in Co Limerick
The primary purpose of this role is to lead and manage an off-site Professional Scientific Services team of analytical staff to ensure that customer requirements, quality requirements, and organisational goals are met. Staff must be led, motivated and developed so that they are able to react effectively to the business needs.
- Responsible for effectively coordinating and managing the PSS team so that productivity, quality, documentation, work schedules, safety and housekeeping is run at maximum efficiency.
- Responsible for ensuring that the client gets the best possible service by continually reviewing best practice in relation to both commercial and quality issues and ensuring 100% ethical work standards and GMP compliance.
- Responsible for quality risk assessment of various technical processes, including sampling plans; preparation of validation protocols and subsequent procedures for final approval by client personnel.
- Responsible for reviewing and approving all relevant documentation and technical data in a timely manner and ensuring that it communicated, documented, and filed accurately.
- Responsible for reviewing and improving commercial work practices. Responsible for identifying areas where efficiencies may be improved and liaising with the client appropriately about any proposed improvements.
- Responsible for forward planning of activities in order to maximise the use of client resources during training periods.
- Responsible for ensuring that work is scheduled and cross training takes place so that the service levels agreed with the customer are achieved. Responsible for amending schedules as required.
- Responsible for carrying out analysis if required by shortage of personnel or other circumstances
- Ensure that all analysts are trained and have completed training records for all tests and other training completed.
- Responsible for carrying out performance appraisals with staff as part of the overall performance management programme within the organisation.
- Responsible for handling any customer related queries where necessary and liaising with their team and with personnel from other teams to problem solve these queries if needed.
- 4-5 years' relevant experience of microbiology laboratory.
- Excellent leadership skills and at least 2 years previous supervisory experience.
- Risk assessment and facilities validation experience is required.
- Previous responsibility for approving valid analytical measurements.
- Good understanding of chemistry is advantageous.
- Thorough understanding of requirements for working in a GMP environment.
Give Emer a call on 0860437889 or email at for further information!