Method Development Validation Manager
Method Development Validation Manager
Is it time to take your bioanalytical career to the next level? Are you eager to apply your technical expertise and commercial interest to grow and manage a new division? Then this could be the opportunity for you..
Following years of organic growth, this global biopharma company in Waterford are seeking an accomplished Method Development Validation Manager to further drive the expansion of their new bioanalytical division. In this multi-faceted role, you will initially spend a significant proportion of your time ensuring appropriate systems and controls are implemented to facilitate the growth of the section .Alongside your technical responsibilities you will lead a small bioanalytical team allocating workload and providing mentoring and support as appropriate. You will be supported in harnessing your business nous to grow your division over time
- To collaborate with the other departments as required to ensure that the efficiency and quality of work meets with organisational needs.
- To assist in identifying opportunities for project continuity
- Hire, motivate, develop and retain excellent bioanalysts, scientists and team leaders
- Motivate the team to perform to a consistently high standard through staff training and development and continuous feedback on performance.
- Instil a culture of continuous improvement.
- Define, agree and track goals and milestones with senior management for the business unit.
- To ensure that the work of the team is carried out in compliance with the organisations quality system. Ensure that quality documentation is generated and updated to reflect current best practice and that this is done in a timely way.
- Assist in the planning of required people resources and for selecting and recruiting the desired candidates.
- Assist in the planning of other resources e.g. equipment in line with budget requirements and ensure that that selected equipment is implemented in line with the organisations quality system requirements.
- To effectively communicate all business activities to senior management, as appropriate.
- To provide timely reports and financial forecasts to senior management as required.
- To communicate well within the department and with other parts of the company.
- To assist in the organisation's goal to reduce costs and to innovate new technologies that will help the organisation provide new and cost effective services Lead / take part in group projects / initiatives / assignments to improve the performance of the BU and the Company.
- Take responsibility and a hands on approach to achieving the financial targets of the section.
- To track and control section budget and spending.
- Bachelor's degree in analytical chemistry or equivalent is essential.
- 5-7 years' experience cGMP analytical Biochemistry/Chemistry with at least 2/3 years at management level
- Proven ability to effectively manage a growing section is desirable
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Good commercial awareness and business acumen.
The company offers a unique career-defining opportunity for a driven and ambitious Method Development Validation Manager . Alongside a competitive salary you will also be enrolled in the company bonus scheme and receive a full range of excellent benefits to include, healthcare, pension, income protection, sick pay, life assurance, enhanced annual leave days, educational assistance.
Sound interesting? Curious to hear more about this Method Development Validation Manager job? I would be delighted to chat you through the opportunity in more detail!
Please contact Felicity Farrell 086 7821714
You may also have searched for: Senior Scientist, Method Development Scientist,Bioananlytical Scientist, Senior chemist, Analytical Chemist, Method Development and Validation Scientist