MES Support Engineer
Job Title: MES Support Engineer
FRS Recruitment are delighted to announce a fantastic opportunity with our Cork based client who are looking for a MES Support Engineer to join their team.
- Maintain the incident queue in Service Now and manage & resolve issues as they arise in a timely manner.
- Initiate and implement Change Control activities in accordance with Quality Standards and Practices
- Investigate and troubleshoot problems which occur and determine solutions or recommendations for changes and/or improvements.
- The ability to produce high-quality, well documented configuration that is easily maintainable.
- Prioritize support activities in line with project schedules.
- Perform testing of new MES recipes and changes.
- Generate computer system validation documentation in accordance with site procedures and GMP guidelines.
- Follow all relevant Environmental, Health and Safety procedures and assist in incident investigations as required.
- Recognise the importance of the quality control function in pharmaceutical production, the MES Support Engineer should display a high level of integrity in the performance of his/her work.
- You should be capable of relating well to other people with whom you come in contact, both within and outside of the MES Team
- The role will evolve to require Out of Hours Support in the future
- Minimum 3-5 years' experience supporting IT applications e.g. troubleshooting, managing incidents and change controls, design documentation, test case development, system & integration testing
- MES Recipe Authoring experience
- Knowledge of programming and Visual Basic with experience in configuration management and deployment of developed code
- Past proven experience engaging business users to ensure that appropriate business needs are clearly communicated and delivered at or above expectations
- The successful candidate must be a highly motivated individual who is delivery focused and has experience of working successfully across multiple business & functional teams
Nice to haves
- Experience in a GMP environment
- Knowledge of the Emerson Syncade MES solution
- MS SQL server experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills are required, with proven ability to communicate and build relationships cross-functionally