Medical Social Worker
Are you a Medical Social Worker - looking for a new opportunity?
We are seeking Social Workers to assist in the provision of a social work service for patients and their families as directed by the Principal Social Worker. These positions are in various locations, acute hospitals.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To work as a full time member of the multi-disciplinary team of the Hospital providing within this service an understanding of the psychological, emotional and social difficulties of individuals and families in crisis
- To assess the concerns and resources of the patient, their family or significant others, and to formulate care plans in conjunction with the multi-disciplinary team, patient and family
- To facilitate use of community based services as they relate to patients, their family or significant others, and the bereaved, through liaison with services outside of the Hospital.
- A recognised qualification in Social Worker with Coru registration
- Medical Social Work Experience
- Discharge planning experience
- Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Assessment experience
- Permission to work in Ireland
- Are you working abroad and want to return to Ireland? We are offering free flights to expats returning to Ireland (T & C's apply)