Medical Scientist - Blood Haematology
I am delighted to be recruiting Staff Grade Medical Scientist's on behalf of a University Hospital in Waterford.
This highly reputable University hospital is seeking Staff Grade Medical Scientists to join its ever expanding Haematology team.
The Haematology laboratory provides a service to all the acute hospitals and primary care in the southeast area, which includes over 220 GP practices in the South East and South Tipperary area.
Haematology analyses over 1000 specimens on a daily basis. The department is led by a Consultant Haematologist who is supported by a team of Medical Scientists and support staff.
This is a unique opportunity, the successful candidate will be employed by the hospital.
- BSc in Biomedical Science/Medical Laboratory Science
- CORU Registration or in process of obtaining same.
- Experience working in a busy Haematology department
- Demonstrate evidence of theoretical knowledge and practical skills of Haematology
- Demonstrate up-to-date knowledge of best practice in delivering a Quality Laboratory Service and awareness of the requirements of ISO 15189 and AMLBB.
- Demonstrate the ability to work with laboratory automation
- Demonstrate evidence of computer skills and a willingness to develop IT skills relevant to the role
- Demonstrate commitment to continuing professional development
- Demonstrate an awareness of the safety requirements in a clinical laboratory
- Available to take up work in January 2021
Interested to learn more about the excellent opportunities I have in the South East?
Please contact Charlene Cooke on 0860227527