My client a multi-national food production company have been in Cork for over 35 years and enjoy a fantastic reputation due to how they look after their people & retain their staff.
Having met with this company numerous times over past few years they really come across as a great company to work for with a very friendly atmosphere where people work hard in a fun environment where people are well rewarded for the work they do
Currently recruiting for an mechanical fitter
YOUR NEW JOB:
In the mechanical fitter job , you'll also be responsible for:
- Machine Fault finding, repair and problem solving
- Hydraulic and pneumatic maintenance
- Continuous improvement throughout the plant
- Welding/Fabrication maintenance
- Performs repairs of all buildings and equipment.
- Performs preventive maintenance procedures on building and equipment on a scheduled basis; inspects checks and replaces e.g., bearings, seals, etc.
- Calibrates and repairs pneumatic systems.
- Maintains records of scheduled maintenance procedures by recording data which controls and monitors mechanical equipment and utility systems.
- Installation of new equipment; new services, during projects; replaces and repairs existing equipment as needed.
- Responds to emergency maintenance requests as required.
(The contract is based on a flexible shift rotation basis)
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU:
You will have completed Mechanical Fitter apprenticeship qualifications (MAMF) or previous Fitter/Turner qualification.
In the Fitter role you will demonstrate a strong technical aptitude, flexibility, strong problem solving skills and a positive outlook
You will be very comfortable reading and following blueprints and assembly instructions and have a good knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions.
This is a shift-based role so you will need to comfortable working evenings (20% shift allowance) and nights (33% sift allowance)
WHATS IN IT FOR YOU:
There is a salary of €50k plus a generous shift allowance, 23 days holidays, Life assurance, pension scheme & subsidized canteen. You'll have lots of opportunity to progress your career with a progressive food production multi-national in a well-established plant that has gone from strength to strength over the past 20 years
Sound like your cup of tea? To apply, click the button and suitable applicant will be contacted within 24hrs