My client is currently seeking a qualified and experienced Fitter to fabricate, fit, and assemble the structural components of various mechanical systems for their company in Waterford.
The ideal candidate should be detail-oriented, focused, and adept at interpreting blueprints. as well as demonstrate excellent analytic, problem-solving, and organisational skills.
- Understand blueprints for mechanical systems to determine the specifications of the components to be constructed.
- Constructing structural components from raw materials.
- Using welding equipment to fuse structural components.
- Inspecting fabricated components to ensure that they are the correct size.
- Utilising shears, power saws, cutting torches, and chipper knives to cut structural components as needed.
- Creating a suitable maintenance schedule and performing system maintenance accordingly.
- Conducting diagnostic testing on malfunctioning systems to determine the root cause of the malfunction.
- Replacing damaged or defective structural components as needed.
- Adhering to all work-site safety rules and regulations.
- 4+years post qualification/apprenticeship experience
- Exceptional welding and mechanical skills
- The ability to interpret blueprints for mechanical systems.
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication, time management, and organisational skills.
If you hold suitable experience and would like to hear more about this role please contact Jennifer and apply through the link provided.