I am assisting my client find an experienced Mechanical Project Engineer to join their team in Limerick. My client is a well-known and highly respected industrial plant. They have a history of continuous improvement and innovation and are now considered to be a world leader in the industry.
They are a flat team-based organisation which affords the opportunity to interface directly with all functions in the plant. They will facilitate and support you in utilising and developing your skills, knowledge and experience.
We have assisted this company with their recruitment needs for several years and every person we have placed there has been incredibly happy. Positions do not come up very often with this company and they offer an excellent salary, benefits and career opportunities.
If you're a high calibre engineering professional who enjoys working with people, processes and equipment, and have an industrial background, this is an excellent opportunity to play a key role within a leading-edge company.
As the Mechanical Project Engineer, the candidate will work on a wide range of CAPEX and OPEX projects, which enable safety, environment and production improvements to the process plant.
The Mechanical Project Engineer will:
- Convene all project stakeholders to agree scope and schedule.
- Prepare concept designs and budget estimates.
- Task mechanical draftsmen to survey the brownfield or greenfield sites and to design the required modifications and approves the resultant drawings.
- Ensure that engineering design calculations are completed where necessary.
- Enlist the assistance of E/I, Control, or civil engineering support where required.
- Specify and together with the AAL Purchasing department, procure all required mechanical materials for the project.
- Prepare detailed scopes of work and preliminary health and safety plans to enable our in-house contract alliance to implement the project.
- Complete detailed design and implementation risk assessments with all stakeholders.
- Liaise with the contract facilitators and contractors during construction to ensure complete and accurate implementation of the scopes and value for money.
- Report regularly on project status, schedule and budget.
- Manage project commissioning, ensure all equipment is correctly registered on the maintenance management systems and that all project documentation is kept and filed appropriately.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree in Mechanical, Chemical or related engineering area.
- 5 +years' experience in a heavy industrial environment.
- Experience implementing chemical process and/or power piping projects, to EN, ASME or ANSI standards highly desirable
- Knowledge of pumps, valves, storage tanks, pressure vessels, heat exchangers and other process equipment highly desirable
For more information please do not hesitate to contact Emer Sexton on 0860437889.