Mechanical Design Technican Laois
Mechanical Design Technician
Full time permanent
A leading manufacturer based in Laois is recruiting a CAD Technician. Ideally this candidate will have knowledge of steel or related materials such as aluminium or concrete. They will have over 5 years' experience with CAD.
The ideal candidate will be fulfil the following duties:
- Design profiling works from initial consult to production floor
- Work with a team of CAD technicians.
- Relay information across to production teams.
- Build material requirements as per drawing/lists/BOQ/schedules received from customers.
- Relay information to suppliers
- Make sure nesting is completed in line with schedule as required
- Provide design solutions as required for management team
- Communicate with management, design and production team
- Inform production staff of any changes or amendments in design/schedules
The ideal candidate will meet the following criteria;
- Relevant qualification in CAD
- Experience with Sigmanest (or similar)
- 5 years plus experience
- Located in proximity to Laois (Carlow, Offaly, Kildare, North Tipp, North Kilkenny all accessible)
- Has worked with the manufacturing or construction industry, mechanical engineering, steel, faade, concrete
- Preferably steel but related industries will be considered
- Full driving licence
- Can start immediately or within 1 month preferably
- Looking to work with a well established company with very low turn over of staff
If this is you why not get in touch with Miriam at 085 2797250 to discuss this role? Alternatively forward an updated copy of your CV to be considered for this role. Ideal candidates will have a portfolio of works ready to be presented for review stage