Mechanical Design & Mfg Engineer
Our client is actively looking for a Mechanical Design & Manufacturing Engineer to join their team in Clare. This is a great opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer with minimum of 2 years experience to take the next step in their career. This company is a great company to work for with very low turnover of staff. They have been in business for over 50 years and is one of the leading manufacturers of agricultural equipment in Ireland. They are a growing company with an expanding and constantly evolving product range to meet customers' demands and requirements to many countries in Europe and around the world
The successful applicant will be heavily involved in all aspects of engineering in the company including product design and manufacturing, production scheduling, product flow, detailed models as well as engineering drawings and schematics. The candidate will also be leader of an engineering team within the company. This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to implement their experience and develop with a growing dynamic company.
- Leadership of a team of engineers and close contact with the production manager to achieve smooth and efficient production while improving systems and developing new products.
- Scheduling of production, organisation and prioritisation of projects.
- Creation and interpretation of detailed models and drawings and use of software in 3D (SolidWorks) to create and modify existing parts/products/assemblies.
- Creation and use of Bills of Materials (BOM's) for both production and component purchasing.
- Understanding and use of nesting software which creates CAD/CAM codes for plasma cutting.
- Design to build research and design projects for new products and products to complement our existing range.
- Development and maintenance of product and component databases to keep an up-to date and accurate system.
- Minimum 2.2 degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar qualification.
- Minimum 2 years' experience with 2D and 3D software (SolidWorks) and drawings.
- Very proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of sheet metal and fabrication techniques.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with different disciplines.
- An excellent team player with a positive attitude to learn and develop in a fast moving environment.
- Excellent time management and attention to detail.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Experience in leadership of an engineering team would be a distinct advantage.
- Experience with agricultural equipment/large machinery design and use would be an advantage.
For more infomation please do not hesitate to call Teresa on 086 025 9348