Mechanical Design Engineer
Currently recruiting for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer for our manufacturing client based in Westmeath
Role and Responsibilities:
- Work within the design team to develop innovative concepts from customer requirements3D Design of Mechatronic equipment including mechanisms
- Hands on involvement at the build and de-bug stage to ensure designs meet performance specifications.
- Ability to take responsibility for large projects and manage cross functional teams through the life cycle of a project
- Give guidance and direction to machine build technicians to help them realise designs and ensure that the customer end goals are being achieved.
- Design and implement process improvements for existing automation equipment
- Prepare detailed tooling drawings and pneumatic schematics
- Liaise with suppliers for component procurement
- Liaising with customers on requirement specifications and project deliverables
- Preparing detailed safety risk assessments and FMEAs
- Development of machine documentation to meet EU, regulatory and customer standards
- Meeting project delivery deadlines
- Excellent communication skills are vital as you will have to work within a technical team and be expected to communicate on job specification and issues etc. that are occurring on a day-to-day basis.
- Educated to degree level in a relevant engineering discipline. Minimum 4 years relevant experience including:
- Involvement in significant automation projects with responsibility for design sign off, installation and commissioning
- Extensive experience in a machine design role
- Strong experience using 3D CAD applications
- SolidWorks essential
- Excellent communication skills are vital to communicate effectively on job specification, technical direction, and issues daily.
- Must be a self-starter with good attention to detail, willing to take ownership and responsibility to realise project milestones and timelines.
- Must be keenly interested in engineering technology and remaining knowledgeable about the cutting edge of automation technology.
- Project management experience and/or qualification advantageous
- Proven track record in problem solving and delivering solutions
- Demonstrate ability to take initiative and be innovative
- Current driving licence and able to travel as required
- Attractive Salary Package.
- Pension Scheme
- Training and development
Apply today, by sending your cv and I will contact you for a discussion.
Contact Eimar Galvin on 086 185 2313 or email [email protected] for a confidential chat
Please note: due to current time constraints and travel restrictions, only candidates located in Ireland with full rights to work will be considered for this position.