Mechanical Design Engineer
Mechanical Design Engineer
I am delighted to be assisting this well-known highly respected manufacturer in Shannon find a Mechanical Design Engineer to join their team.
I met them again last week and it is a fabulous place to work. They really know how to look after their staff. They have all of the state of the art equipment and work with leading medical device multinationals in Ireland. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to get great exposure working on innovative projects.
They have over 130 staff with very low turnover and when you meet have met them you can I can see why! Every Engineer who has gone there through me on interview always wants the job and no Engineer has turned down their offer.
As a Mechanical Design Engineer you will be responsible for
* Designer role within the Mechanical Design Department performing design activities to deliver projects on time and on budget while maintaining the required quality levels.
* Design and detailing of machine parts and assemblies in 3D and 2D CAD
* Sourcing and selection of standard machine components
* Creation and maintenance of design documentation
* Development of new concepts and proposals for customers
* Actively support all the Department goals and objectives.
* Promote innovation and proactively monitor for new advancements in the technological base.
* Support other departments with their understanding of the project requirements
* Mentoring of more junior designers
Experience and Qualifications
* Degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar discipline with 2+ years' experience.
* Experience with Autodesk Inventor or equivalent 3D CAD design package.
* Experience in mechanical design projects, from project proposal through to delivery, preferably in an Automation environment.
* Experience of working in FDA regulated industries such as Medical Device and Pharmaceutical, is also desirable.
Skills & Characteristics
* Technically knowledgeable and creative
* Enthusiastic and proactive.
* Good organiser and people orientated.
* Good with Customers, both internal and external.
* Interested in the latest Technologies and delivering solutions for new Customer Proposals.
* Good Team player and looking to develop within the Company.
Package & Benefits
* Starting salary for the Mechanical Design Engineer will be commensurate with experience.
* A highly attractive package including pension and health insurance benefits will be available to the successful candidate.
If you are interested in the position of Mechanical Design Engineer please apply through the link or contact Caroline on 086 7808835.