We are currently recruiting for a number of Mechanics to join our client based in County Offaly
The Mechanic/Technician will be responsible for the disassembly of commercial aircraft Engines, removing Engine components for Inspection/Testing/return to customer.
Role and Responsibilities;
* Disassemble and remove commercial aircraft Engines/components in accordance with company, policies, and procedures.
* Operate a variety of specialty tools provided by the company in the process of disassembly of aircraft engines and or parts.
* Must effectively perform work to meet deadlines and performance goals.
* Read, interpret, and comply with all aircraft manuals, primarily the Engine Maintenance Manuals (EMM) Aircraft Maintenance Manuals (AMM) and the Illustrated Parts Catalogue (IPC)
* Drain fluids and cap those components that are needed to prevent leakage and/or damage.
* Handle all components with the utmost care.
* Properly use and operate support equipment in performance of assigned duties such as ladders, jacks, lifts, calibrated tooling, etc.
* Properly utilize Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including steel-toed shoes, safety glasses, safety shields, and safety harnesses to always ensure safety.
* Take part in company Training as required.
* Have qualified from national apprenticeship or:
* Have more than 2 years' experience working in a Mechanical environment.
* Ideal candidate will have a combination of experience in general mechanical tasks of moderate difficulty to meet the assigned customer order.
* Must be fluent in speaking, reading, and writing English.
* National apprenticeship in Mechanical discipline
Must be able to walk and stand on level or inclined surfaces for extended periods of time throughout the day.
Must be able to climb stairs, ramps, ladders, and work stands.
Must be able to crouch, crawl, grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbows and knees and reach above and below shoulders.
Ability to lift/carry/push/pull heavy objects up to 50 pounds
The environmental characteristic for this position is an Aircraft Engine workshop, warehouse setting. Candidates should be able to adapt to the environments listed.
There may be momentary exposure to high noises, exposure to chemicals and cleaning agents, and Personal Protection Equipment may be required for certain tasks.
Following training there will be opportunities to train as Inspectors, Test Technicians, repair Technicians etc
* Advanced mechanical skills would be preferred but not essential.
* Ability to read, write and communicate well.
* Physical strength, agility, manual dexterity, and no fear of heights
* Good practical skills
* Good concentration
* A responsible approach to health and safety regulations.
* An enthusiastic approach to employment.
* Work carefully, accurately, and efficiently.
* Work reliably, alone and as part of a team.
* Pay attention to detail.
* Meet deadlines.
* Problem-solving and creative thinking skills
* Keen interest in Mechanics.
Apply today, by sending your cv and I will contact you for a discussion.
Contact Eimar Galvin on 086 185 2313 or email [email protected] for a confidential chat
Please note: due to current time constraints and travel restrictions, only candidates located in Ireland with full rights to work will be considered for this position.