The Aircraft Fitter / Mechanic will be responsible for the dis assembly of aircraft engines, removing aircraft components that we are able to collect, inspect, repair, overhaul and sell.
* Disassemble and remove commercial aircraft components in accordance with company, OEM, EASA, FAA, and other regulatory agency policies and procedures.
* Operate a variety of speciality tools provided by the company in the process of dis assembly of aircraft engines and or parts.
* Must effectively perform work to meet deadlines and performance goals.
* May be cross utilised to disassemble and inspect parts for wear, cracks, or other defects.
* Read, interpret, and comply with all aircraft manuals, primarily the Engine Maintenance Manuals (EMM) Aircraft Maintenance Manuals (AMM) and the Illustrated Parts Catalogue (IPC)
* Properly tag parts to identify description, part number, serial number, and the aircraft that it was removed from.
* Drain fluids and cap those components that are needed to prevent leakage and/or damage.
* Handle all components with the utmost care prior to sending them out for repair.
* Properly use and operate support equipment in performance of assigned duties such as
ladders, jacks, lifts, calibrated tooling, etc.
* Properly utilise Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including steel-toed shoes, safety glasses, safety shields, and safety harnesses to ensure safety at all times.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Have served and qualified from national apprenticeship or:
* Have more than 2 years' experience working in heavy maintenance or:
* Airline and Military experience considered as well.
* Ideal candidate will have a combination of experience in general mechanical maintenance of moderate difficulty to meet the assigned customer order.
* EASA and or A&P Licensed Mechanic is preferred.
* Must be fluent in speaking, reading, and writing English.
* National apprenticeship.
* Knowledge of all aircraft would be an advantage
* Advanced mechanical skills would be preferred but not essential
* Ability to read, write and communicate well
* Physical strength, agility, manual dexterity and no fear of heights
* Good practical skills
* Good concentration
* A responsible approach to health and safety regulations.
* An enthusiastic approach to employment.
* Work carefully, accurately and efficiently
* Work reliably, alone and as part of a team
* Pay attention to detail
* Meet deadlines.
* Problem-solving and creative thinking skills
Apply today, by sending your cv and I will contact you for a discussion.
Contact Eimar Galvin on 086 185 2313 or email [email protected] for a confidential chat
Please note: due to current time constraints and travel restrictions, only candidates located in Ireland with full rights to work will be considered for this position.