My Client is in need of an experienced HGV Mechanic to join their depot based in Cork. They are in search of a reliable mechanic who has experience in working with a variety of vehicles to join their team.
Primary Objective: To achieve and persistently maintain high standards of workmanship and competence in performing tasks associated with preventative maintenance checks and general maintenance whilst maintaining high standards of internal and external communications and relationships.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates in inspecting, diagnosing faults/defects, testing, dismantling, overhauling, repairing and re-assembling engines, trailers, related equipment and components.
- Participates in preventative maintenance checks, services and general maintenance/repairs of fleet vehicles, trailers, related equipment and components.
- Perform road tests.
- Perform emergency road repairs as required.
- Competently operate electronic testing equipment and other hand tools.
- Maintain repair and service records on each vehicle.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Health & Safety regulations and procedures, including proper lifting techniques.
- Proper use of all specialised and associated equipment to include familiarity with hand tools, power tools, welders, grinders, air and hydraulic jacks, tire repair equipment, etc.
- Methods used in a programme of preventative maintenance and general maintenance.
- Record-keeping techniques.
- Diagnose mechanical difficulties.
- Estimate labour and cost of materials for repairs as needed.
- Understand, follow and apply oral and written instructions.
- Use specialised tools and equipment in performing vehicle maintenance, servicing & repair.
- Establish and maintain accurate records.
- Work cooperatively and effectively with others.
- Perform heavy manual labour within established Health & Safety practices.
This is a temporary contract with a strong possibility of extension. If you feel that you have suitable qualifications for the role please apply with your CV. If you have any further questions please contact Rachael Taylor in the Limerick office of FRS.