Materials Manager Roscommon
My Client, a leading Agricultural Distribution and Manufacturing Group based in Co. Roscommon, is looking for an Materials Manager to join their busy and growing organisation.
My client is a long established Agricultural Distribution and Manufacturing company based in Co. Roscommon and they are looking for a Materials Manager who will work within the Procurement Department to manage the Purchasing and Stock control of Raw Ingredients and other Materials as needed for the production process
Positions do not come up very often with this company and they offer a great salary and benefits with room for progression.
Materials Manager Duties:
- Collaborate with other managers to determine the raw material supply needs
- Purchase supplies and materials according to specifications
- Coordinate and supervise receiving and warehousing procedures
- Control inventory levels to ensure availability of material at all times to the production process
- Maintain relationships and negotiate with suppliers to obtain best value and continuously evaluating cost reduction strategies
- Keep detailed records on procurement activity, materials quantity, specifications etc
- Assist in production forecasting to plan future orders for raw materials and supplies.
- Assist with ingredient traceability procedures and lean operational programmes
- Manage the customs process as needed due to Brexit
Qualifications and Skills:
- Experience as materials manager
- Experience working within an FMCG environment
- Experience in shipping and receiving
- Familiarity with supply chain and inventory management systems
- Understanding of forecasting and budgeting
- Proficient in MS Office
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- A problem-solver
- BSc/BA in logistics or relevant role.
If you feel that you fulfil the above qualifications for the role please apply today with your CV. If you have any further queries please contact Rachael Pando of FRS Recruitment