Our client is a long established engineering manufacturing facility in Kerry and is currently seeking to employ a Manufacturing Engineer. Reporting to the Operations Manager, as a Manufacturing Engineer you will drive and improve the manufacturing process to optimise productivity and implement the continuous improvement strategy.
The following is a brief summary of the main duties and responsibilities:
* Lead efforts to improve manufacturing processes & equipment in line with good Lean & engineering principles, fostering a culture of continuous improvement.
* Co-ordinate and drive continuous improvement projects and initiatives with various stakeholders to meet key operational metrics.
* Coach/Mentor manufacturing operations personnel in Lean Tools & Techniques.
* Development and analysis of data, for the identification and definition of improvement.
* Identification of capital equipment requirements to support improvement processes.
* Implement manufacturing processes based on NPD, changes to manufacturing techniques ensuring a quality product are produced in a timely, cost effective manner.
* Oversee the Maintenance function across the manufacturing operation.
* Review, generation and maintenance of manufacturing SOPs.
* Engage in Quality improvement projects / productivity improvements / cost reductions.
* Maintain & continuously improve the facility (building, equipment, air, power, extraction, water and waste) in conjunction with the existing external contractors.
* Manage allocated budgets on a monthly basis.
* Travel within Ireland and abroad as required to perform the role and attend company meetings.
Education, Experience and Skills
* 3rd level qualification in Production / Manufacturing Engineering or another related technical discipline.
* At least 5 years manufacturing engineering experience.
* Experience of change management, quality and improvement.
* Demonstrated experience of lean tools and methodologies.
* Lean certification is desirable.
* Manufacturing technology trend awareness.
* Analytical skills with effective problem solving ability.
* Ability to drive and champion change.
* Ability to manage multiple and simultaneous responsibilities and to prioritise scheduling of work.
* Good IT skills, ability to use software for process flow layouts. AutoCAD is desirable.
This is an outline of the requirements and skills for the Manufacturing Engineering position. If interested please send you us your latest CV through the link provided or call 066-7143995