The position is part of a team within the Engineering department that involves the development, validation and production launch of manufacturing processes against targeted project milestones.
* Deliver key projects to the Value Stream which will positively impact on the key metrics.
* Support business key metrics with ongoing process improvements and introduction of new manufacturing processes and technologies.
* Support the manufacturing process development to meet project milestones and to allow operations to meet its targets.
* Drive process improvements/capacity increases through new technology / equipment introductions.
* Competent in validation requirements on new equipment introductions / processes / process changes.
* Design & develop tools, fixtures, gages and special equipment for manufacturing operations and new product / process introductions in conjunction with Toolroom Technicians and process Engineers.
* Identify capital spend and budget requirements for process improvements.
* Preparation and maintenance of all relevant manufacturing specifications.
* Preparation and project management of all line extensions / NPI including supporting documentation
* Identify and lead cost and technical improvements under the departments continuous improvement program.
* Provide key inputs and leadership into transformational process developments.
* Determine equipment layouts for manufacturing cells using Lean Manufacturing tool as identified. .
* Lead or actively participate in cross-functional teams to ensure New Product Introduction projects are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
* Degree qualified in a relevant Engineering / Science discipline, with 2+ years relevant experience.
* Experience in Validation of equipment and implementation of manufacturing processes is desired.
* Experience in regulated industry, FDA, ISO
* Demonstrated ability to lead / contribute to significant projects to completion, on time and within budget
* Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to make effective decisions
* CNC operation & programming experience (preferably Mazak / Mori Seiki), CAD / CAM experience
* UG (Unigraphics) experience is desirable
URGENT ROLE Call Mark Dakin FRS Recruitment 0860241818