Managing Pharmacist - Galway
To provide pharmacy services as set out in the Community Pharmacy Contractor Agreement for the Provision of Community Pharmacy Services and in accordance with the ethical standards and established practice of the profession of pharmacy. To act as manager of the Pharmacy, overseeing all duties involved in running the Pharmacy and managing staff within the Pharmacy and operating the Pharmacy within agreed budgets and in line with defined Company KPIs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strictly observe statutory regulations relating to the supply of medical products as per the Pharmacy Act 2007.
- To maintain the community pharmacy to a proper professional standard.
- To be involved where appropriate in programmes of Health Promotion and the implementation of Pharmaceutical Care.
- To partake in Continuing Education Programmes to enhance continuous professional development.
- To implement policies and procedures and standard operating procedures.
- To maintain correct procedures for the handling, processing and control of cash and all receipts throughout the branch including safes and bank lodgments in accordance with the Company Cash Policy.
- To ensure that proper stock control is maintained and the correct receipt and documentation of all goods and services are upheld.
- To be responsible for the security of all stock, property, keys and the safety of all staff and customers.
- To observe the details as laid down in the Health and Safety of Work Act and that all staff adheres to the details.
- To monitor and make recommendations on the public's attitude and perception of the pharmacy and to analyse and advise the company on a wide range of issues affecting its pharmacy and retail business.
- To ensure that details of the business are confidential and not divulged to persons outside the company without prior approval.
- Ensure that the proper procedure for the various Department of Health Schemes e.g. DPS, LTI, GMS is carried out and that they are kept up to date, submitted properly at the end of each month and payment is reconciled as set down by Company Procedures.
- To ensure good retail standards and practices are in place and maintained, including Category Management, Merchandising and Stock Control.
- To keep up to date with all changes to legislation and P.S.I. Practice guidance.
- Any other duties as required.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills Required
- 1-2 years of management experience is an advantage
- Member of the Pharmaceutical Society of Ireland, with a minim of 3 years of Post-registration experience.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Highly organised with a proven ability to work on multiple tasks accurately in a busy environment
- The ability to work on own initiative & as part of a team is essential
For further details please contact Brian Mahon on 086 7773856
Managing Pharmacist, Pharmacist, Community Pharmacy, Pharmacy Manager, Supervising Pharmacist, Galway