Manager FAAS ( Insurance)
Our client with offices nationwide is now seeking to hire a skilled Manager within FAAS (Insurance) to join their team on a permanent basis in Dublin.
The role is offered as a hybrid.
Your new role:
They are looking for a highly motivated individual to join their specialist team who primarily service complex large-scale Entities and Multinational Companies (MNCs), focusing on being a centralised point of contact for their global requirements. The role involves industry roles within the Insurance finance function and financial operations of their clients, as well as providing outsourced support for their global corporate compliance, monthly finance processes or more project based roles around transitions, streamlining processes and driving efficiency's through process optimisation and automation solutions.
Your main responsibilities:
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of client operations, processes and business objectives and use this knowledge on assignments;
- Managing compliance assignments for multi nationals including centralised statutory accounting and compliance projects;
- Supporting internal finance teams and financial operations
- Providing practical accounting advice to clients on a variety of issues;
- Ensuring quality and timely service is delivered to clients;
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with senior finance personnel;
- Advice on accounting requirements under IFRS and Irish & UK GAAP;
- Identifying new business opportunities and working with internal contacts to convert leads and opportunities into projects;
Your skills and attributes:
- ACCA /ACA Qualified
- Min 5 years of experience (ideally in the Insurance industry)
- Knowledge of financial reporting / auditing / preparing financial statements
- Experience of relationship management
- Experience in Multi National / Shared Services desirable;
- Awareness of current topics in insurance and challenges facing the insurance industry;
- good communicator, highly articulate with excellent report writing skills;
- project experience in the insurance industry is desirable e.g IFRS17;
- a strong knowledge of IFRS, Irish or UK GAAP and Irish or UK company law.
If this may be of interest to you please contact Desiree Leonard for a confidential discussion.