Manager - Embedded Software
Essential - Bachelor's degree in Science or Engineering.
- Design for Six Sigma knowledge would be highly advantageous
- Knowledge of software life cycle processes including IEC 62304
- Experience with data acquisition, analysis, and statistical methods.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Manage a team of talented embedded software engineers primarily working in C/C++ for embedded multi-threaded and multi-processor applications;
- Participate in project planning and drive execution to meet project timelines and deliverables ensuring predictability and the meeting and setting of quality objectives.
- Lead and mentor the team covering a range of embedded technology areas; the team will work with languages from Assembly, C/C++ to C# in environments from a .NET compact framework to system on System-On-Chip development.
- It is expected that the manager will initially contribute directly to development and as such have experience in the above areas, and especially have strong previous design experience in inter-processor communications using event driven State Machines and message synchronization, device driver development on microcontrollers, such as Cortex-M, MSP430, Zilog, Atmel, etc. and strong knowledge of software-hardware interfaces, and in Real-time Operating systems
- Define the engineering capabilities required to meet new product development and sustaining objectives and work with other business and technical leaders in recruiting resources as the team expands
- Perform software design reviews taking into account system characteristics to produce optimal performance, reliability, and maintainability and also reviews for test plans and technical documentation
- Assist the engineering staff in clarifying requests for software changes and understand reported problems
- A minimum of 5 years' previous team management/leadership experience
- A minimum of 8 years previous product development experience, with direct experience of embedded development preferably with microcontrollers (such as, ARM Application and Cortex architecture) and software-hardware interfaces.
- Software design experience for multi-threaded and multi-processor applications.
- Knowledge in C/C++ and Assembly and in addition exposure to .NET C#, Compact Framework, ASP.NET.
- Good knowledge in electromechanical controls, sensors and actuators.
- Strong knowledge in Hard Real Time Control and inter-processor communication.
- Strong knowledge of one or more of the Operating Systems and concepts,
- Experience with developing unit tests, test automation, and familiarity with UT frameworks (ex. CPPUnit, LDRA, Coverity, Parasoft)
Are you an experienced Embedded Software Engineer that is looking for a change for growing, dynamic company which helps in growth of your career? If so please send an updated cv in strict confidence for this Embedded Software Engineer role to Purva Rao, IT Recruiter, FRS Recruitment (086-0241818) via the apply link or share with friends/colleagues.
FRS Recruitment is committed to promoting diversity and disability in the work place and is a KANCHI 100 company.