Manager, Climate Change and Sustainability Services
My client, one of the big 4, is looking for a manager to join the Financial Service's Climate Change and Sustainability Services team, within the Assurance practice, on a permanent basis in Dublin.
This role will place you at the heart of a high-energy, agile team that is committed to helping clients build long-term sustainable businesses. This opportunity will enable you to work with leading financial institutions to deliver better outcomes on some of the world's most pressing climate and sustainability issues.
Some of your responsibilities will be:
- Manage work streams to deliver key projects for our clients on the wide range of topics we work on.
- Create innovative commercial insights for clients, adapt methods and practices to fit operational team and cultural needs, and contribute to thought leadership.
- Actively contribute to improving operational efficiency on projects and internal initiatives.
- Work with the project heads to lead teams or parts of teams on engagements, keeping a clear focus on anticipating and identifying risks, and escalate issues as appropriate.
- Working closely with colleagues, create a positive learning culture and coach and counsel junior team members.
- Collaborate with colleagues outside of Sustainable Finance to deliver multi-disciplinary and cross-geographical work.
Skills and attributes for success
- Track record of success from 5+ years of relevant experience in sustainability / ESG at a financial services firm, sustainability consultancy, investment firm or other relevant organisation
- A keen interest in, and understanding of ESG as it relates to financial services (banking, wealth and asset management, insurance, and/or private equity)
- Strong academic record including a relevant degree
- Experience running or contributing to a range of projects
Ideally, you'll also have:
- An audit background, preferably ACA (or equivalent) qualified
- An understanding of key sustainability issues and trends and how they link to business value.
- Experience working on complex projects that require knowledge of business strategy, sustainability strategy and operations.
- Exposure to finance, strategy, and communications functions at financial or corporate institutions - e.g., strategy, policy, procedures and controls, or an understanding of the policies, procedures and controls needed to support non-financial reporting.
My client offers a permanent position with a competitive remuneration package, support for flexible working, career development, very strong training, coaching, while working on a diverse and inclusive culture.