Our client is seeking a Management Accountant to join their plant finance team and support the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and Senior Management team in making operational decisions based on accurate cost and margin information. The successful candidate will have responsibility for reporting monthly results and advising on all product cost and inventory related matters.
- Maintain accurate inventory accounting and control systems, including cycle counts and month-end reconciliations.
- Provide accurate and informative product cost and margin information to management, including controllership of new product programs.
- Operate costing system, maintaining complete information to ensure labour and overhead is correctly absorbed.
- Provide analysis and support to production to help drive improved performance and efficiency.
- Act as key point of contact for the company ERP costing system
- Lead the collation of the annual budget and quarterly rolling forecasts.
- Ensure process documentation is clear and up to date.
- Cost Accounting: Understanding and experience of cost accounting in particular actual cost, margins, budgeting, forecasting, and reporting.
- Team Player: Ability to seamlessly fit in with the existing team and works well with other functions.
- Initiative: Become the go to person for all costing tasks whilst ensuring thoroughness throughout
- Flexibility: Adaptability to focus on immediate priorities combined with the ability to work with other functions whilst also supporting management with solid analysis and reports
- Communication Skills: Ability to communicate respectfully, effectively, and with clarity and respect with many different stakeholder groups.
- IT Skills: Intermediate level with Microsoft Office Suite, in particular Outlook and Word. Advanced Excel skills and Power BI would be a distinct advantage. Can demonstrate a good grasp of ERP systems.
- Information: Ability to distil cost and margin information from various systems and formats into user-friendly summaries and presentations accompanied by explanation of the trends to assist Management in decision making
- Experience: Minimum part-qualified accountant with experience in a similar costing role
Due to the hands-on nature of this role, all duties will be performed on site Working Hours: 7:30am - 4:30pm Mon - Thurs and 8:00am - 12:30pm Fri (flexibility in start and finish times will be considered)
- Experienced recruiters specializing in finding the right candidates for specific roles.
- Established relationships with many companies, providing access to a wide range of job opportunities.
- Support and guidance throughout the recruitment process, including advice on resumes, cover letters, and interview techniques.
- Candidate information is kept confidential and only shared with potential employers with the candidate's consent.
- Saves time and effort by matching candidates to suitable roles based on their skills, experience, and preferences.
If you have a background in cost or management accounting and are interested in this exciting opportunity, please contact Páiric Ryan at FRS Recruitment for more information and to apply.