Our client, an engineering company based in Kerry, who have operations throughout Ireland and in the UK, is seeking to employ a Management Accountant. Reporting to the Directors, you help lead the company in the next stage of its growth.
- Preparation of annual accounts and monthly management accounts
- Financial reporting for the Management Team and Managing Director
- Preparing monthly cash flow analysis
- Processing payroll
- Balance sheet reconciliation
- Intercompany reconciliations
- Maintenance of Fixed Assets registers
- Oversee debtors and creditors to include dealing with queries, debtor & creditor reconciliations, processing of creditor payments and debt collection.
- Monitoring of PO system from sign off to matching of delivery dockets and invoices
- Manage and administer statutory returns - VAT, PAYE, RCT, and CIS
- Work in Progress (WIP) and costings review and analysis; preparing detailed WIP reports and implementing effective WIP management system
- Assistance with preparation of tenders
- Oversee the annual operating budget of the group
- Review costings and analysis of various cost centres across the business to ensure the most cost-effective processes are in place.
- Qualified accountant with at least 3 years experience in a similar role (Engineering or Construction related beneficial but not essential)
- Enthusiastic and confident with strong interpersonal communication skills
- Self-starter with ability to operate independently
- Strong IT skills and proficient in MS Office programmes, particularly Excel
- Self-motivated with a proactive attitude to implementing solutions and problem solving
- Ability to multitask, prioritise workload and work to tight deadlines while maintaining accuracy
- Sage experience essential
- Experience with invoice discounting desirable
Excellent remuneration package available including performance related incentive scheme for suitable candidate.