Role and Responsibilities:
- Perform preventative and reactive maintenance procedures
- Troubleshoot and repair breakdowns / issues with a variety of production equipment.
- Work with department supervisors to resolve machine issues in a timely fashion.
- Carrying out and document preventative maintenance checks on process equipment and utility equipment.
- Responding to unplanned and emergency maintenance.
- Assisting in maintaining adequate store of spare parts.
- Assisting in project work through all departments.
- Assisting in the control and supervision of contractors on site.
- Maintaining and upgrading safety equipment and mechanisms.
- Documentation - all maintenance carried out to be recorded accurately and to be filed neatly.
Qualifications and experience:
* Cert / Diploma/ Senior trades in Electrical / Mechanical Engineering.
* 3 - 5 years experience in a similar role in a production facility
* Mechanical experience with motors, gearboxes, chain drives, conveyors, cranes.
* Knowledge of PLC's, variable speed drives, pneumatic and Hydraulic systems
* Good troubleshooting & problem solving skills.
* Good communicator
* Team player