YOUR NEW COMPANY/OPPORTUNITY:
Commutable from Offaly, Westmeath & Laois this company is a medium sized operation and is part of a very successful multinational group. With plans to expand their Irish operations (looking to triple the size of their Irish operations in the next 5 years!) and with a multi million-euro capital expenditure program about to commence you would be joining at an exciting time!
This company's creedo is all about enabling people and with the company's plans for expansion there will be significant opportunities for people who join now to move into managerial/supervisory roles in the future. Alternatively, if you want to remain an individual contributor and add value through your technical ability and output that is also fine, my client is looking for both!
My client is open to candidates at different levels of experience with salaries ranging from €35k-€45k depending on your level of experience and expertise.
This is high volume injection moulding production site and my client is looking for multi-skilled and adaptable maintenance technicians who either come from an injection moulding background or from a mechanical background with an interest in developing a career in injection moulding.
YOUR NEW ROLE:
Some of the key elements of this exciting maintenance technician job include:
* Perform equipment maintenance for hydraulic, mechanical and control systems.
* Ensure processes optimization by monitoring and implementing preventative maintenance measures.
* Reduce waste and introduce continuous improvement techniques.
* Adhere to lean manufacturing principals to optimize injection moulding processes.
* Identify and report any issues effecting production and take steps to drive change where appropriate.
* Report on issues relating to materials and equipment.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU:
The maintenance technician role is a mixture of days and night so you need to be comfortable working different shifts
You'll need 3 years + technician experience in a manufacturing environment along with strong fault finding experience and ideally be qualified in a Mechanical/Polymer based trade or to degree level.
While knowledge of injection moulding equipment and maintenance systems would be advantageous its not a must have as long as you come from a strong mechanical background and enjoy hands on technical/fault finding roles.