We have an exciting Maintenance Technician role available within a long standing, world class food production company based in the Kildare area
Key Duties and Responsibilities
* Carry out the execution of the preventive maintenance and Condition Based program
* Providing maintenance support, entering data, updating equipment records, produce performance reports and participating in continuous improvement follow up
* Cost control consciousness
* Electrical and Mechanical trouble-shooting
* Closely monitor line and machine performance and intervene on line as soon as any deterioration in performance occurs
* As part of the technical Maintenance team, work with equipment suppliers on new equipment and installations and modifications
* Co-operate and participate fully in training and development in cross-skilling and other job-related competencies
* Update the maintenance management system (CMMS), records of all changes, stores transactions made and work carried out
* Troubleshooting using PLC Programs
* Responsible for completion of your planned work, shifts daily input of all works onto CMMS, parts booked out of stores and control of breakdowns
* Ensure Maintenance Manager is aware of any problems on site as soon as possible. Judgment must be used if Manager is to be called after hrs. I.E. if machine is down more than 45mins with no fix in place, but always follow the provided procedures e.g. Break down procedure.
* Observing all onsite and legislative rules and regulations in terms of Food Safety and Health and Safety.
* Possess relevant trade qualification.
Minimum 3 years' experience in similar role in regulated manufacturing environment (OUTSIDE OF APPRENTICESHIP
* Mechanical/Electrical background. Main skill in Electrical / Mechanical
* Qualification in instrumentation an advantage (temperature calibrations)
* Multi-skilled / cross-skilled ethos
* Aptitude for process awareness, diagnostic / trouble-shooting experience gained in a Hi-volume environment
If you are interested in this role and would like more information please apply through the link and Jennifer will be in contact if you are suitable for this position.