Maintenance / Plant Fitter
Our client based in Cork, supplies engineering services to clients in the milling, manufacturing, quarrying and fabrication industries in Cork and Limerick. They are currently seeking to employ a Maintenance / Plant Fitter to join their team. The position is with a well-established growing company with career development opportunities for the right candidate.
As part of the Maintenance and Servicing Team, the Maintenance/Plant Fitter will have a sound mechanical knowledge and at least two years relevant experience gained in a heavy industrial environment.
- Mechanical maintenance at industrial plants including feed mills, grain-handling facilities, quarries etc.
- Experience of working on conveyors and elevators
- Mainly site work in the Munster area with some work in the workshop to prepare for site work
- Equipment and plant installation at industrial facilities
- Understanding technical drawings
- Trouble shooting, Fault finding and fixing mechanical faults within tight time deadlines
- Able to implement temporary mechanical repairs to re-start production until full repairs can be carried out during planned maintenance
- Experience of structural steel and rigging
- Candidates from a heavy plant fitting background, used to site work and attending breakdown repairs are of interest
- Measuring site requirements and communicating with workshop and engineering office
- Planning site works with management and communicating with customers
- Reasonable level of overtime expected. Some weekend work also required.
Candidates with their own van will be an advantage and expenses will be paid for same.
For further details please contact Donal in our Kerry office at 066 - 7143995/ 086 -0214875