My client is currently recruiting for a Maintenance & Mechanical Manager to join their busy engineering company in the midlands.
Reporting to: Operations Manager
You will be tasked with the effective and accurate management of our Maintenance (Plant & Equipment) and Fabrication function's and will also make a key contribution to the overall management of the Company and take on a real decision making position. This role is responsible for the preparation, scheduling, monitoring and recording of the maintenance & fabrication functions, and ensuring the resources available to these functions are utilised fully and perform as efficiently and effectively as possible, in a busy manufacturing environment.
Direct report: Plant, Maintenance & Fabrication Team
Maintenance (Plant & Equipment) and Fabrication
Analyse all plant and equipment within the company and compile a robust asset register list taking into account relevant documentation and regulatory requirements.
- Develop the plant and equipment register into a robust preventative maintenance programme that is operational and functional for all areas of the business
- Ability to analyse production processes, establish areas of weakness or fault and develop corrective actions to ensure production process are efficient with minimum downtime.
- Undertake effective planning and prioritisation of workload wherever necessary and that resources are used to optimum effect.
- Allocation of manpower within the Plant, Equipment and fabrication teams to be analysed against work requirements and followed up if there is deficits.
- Proven ability to problem solve in a very busy production based environment.
- Scheduling and management of Planned shutdowns for maintenance of any of the plant in conjunction with Supervisors and Management
- Playing an integral part of the procurement process within remit, for machine parts, documentation of stock, maintenance of spare parts and develop a robust system to document the stock register.
- To ensure that all employees within the maintenance & fabrication team, meet and exceed established health & safety standards, and regulatory requirements.
- Support the production team in achieving targets while closely monitoring line and machine performance and plan for future maintenance or process improvement.
- Manage sub-contractors and equipment suppliers (external or otherwise) - assist and work with equipment suppliers on new equipment, installations and modifications, where necessary
- Demonstrates the ability to plan and prioritise workload in order to meet required deadlines and performance standards.
- Analyse and report on key Maintenance metrics to management
- Manage new and existing projects while pro-actively contributing to the team, improvement or new projects to add value to the business.
- Excellent administration and documentation management skills are very important for this role.
- Training (if required) - deliver training to personnel, on relevant areas and Manual Handling, Abrasive Wheels and internally developed programmes, as and when required
- Attend ongoing CPD in conjunction with requirement of your role and strategy of the Company. The Company is agreeable to supporting you in the "lifting equipment inspection" course and Basic Introduction into excel (perhaps on-line/evening).
Skills & Qualities
- Minimum of 10 years' experience within a maintenance and mechanical background, preferably with experience in Precast concrete elements or construction & manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated problem solving and technical skills.
- Ability to think methodically, plan and manage projects.
- Proven team player with excellent verbal and written communication & interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, balance priorities, and meet strict deadlines is essential and being highly motivated and willing to take on new challenges.
- Proficient in Lean principles/methodology and Microsoft packages
- Excellent time management skills, mange workload efficiently and effectively
If you hold suitable experience and would be interested in this role please contact Jennifer on 0567775550 and apply through the link provided.