Exciting role for a Maintenance and Production Manager based in Tullamore, Co: Offaly
Role and Responsibilities;
- Identify and implement best practice to maximise waste processing and production, minimise commodity losses to waste output, and ensure commodity output reaches required quality levels. In conjunction with direct reports, ensure that work rotas for processing and operatives are scheduled to ensure that logistics, operational and annual leave needs are met
- Ensure that the maintenance area and yard (incl. skip repair and refurbishment work, as well as maintenance personnel) operate in the most efficient and cost-effective manner possible, by actively managing day-to-day operations.
- This includes staff numbers, agency staff, overtime, processes and material handling, production versus targets, fuel usage and trends, 5S implementation, and all other relevant processes and activities.
- Ensuring there is sufficient quantities and quality of waste feedstock, so that incoming loads are suitable for processing, with senders informed straight away regarding contamination issues and pricing to be amended. Ensure that waste materials handling, separation and delivery to appropriate outlets are conducted an efficient and compliant manner (including pre-sorting by loading machine operators).
- Ensure that all revenue and cost control measures relevant to the yard and MRF are fully adhered to, including weighbridge traffic and ensuring waste received matches how it was categorised, access to the site, diesel access and usage, etc.
- Ensure all personnel are fully trained for their role and that all work completed is in accordance with Health and safety guidelines and practices. Ensure that all health and safety procedures and requirements relevant to the yard are fully adhered to.
- Any resultant staff issues to be dealt with through the relevant processes. As required; assist with undertaking and completing related operational activities as requested
- Suitable experience in managing a waste facility, and operating waste segregation, processing, and baling equipment. Experience in achieving commodition production and quality requirements is desirable.
Apply today, by sending your cv and I will contact you for a discussion.
Contact Eimar Galvin on 086 185 2313 or email [email protected] for a confidential chat
Please note: due to current time constraints and travel restrictions, only candidates located in Ireland with full rights to work will be considered for this position.