Maintenance Manager days only
Job title: Maintenance Manager
Location: North Co. Tipperary
Working hours: Mon-Fri 8.00am-5.00pm, some on call flexibility required
Type of job: full time, permanent
The Maintenance Manager will direct all reliability and maintenance activities to ensure that maximum operational potential is realized for the entire plant operation.
This includes all functions in the areas of Maintenance Business Management, Maintenance Materials Inventory, Maintenance Recruit to Retire, Manufacturing Process Reliability and Equipment Reliability, e.g. departmental budgets, computerized maintenance management systems, preventive/predictive and corrective maintenance programs.
Also, Technical Skills Management of electrical, electronics, controls programming, mechanical systems (process equipment, packaging equipment), waste treatment, utilities systems including but not limited to boiler and ammonia refrigeration.
Development, coordination and execution of maintenance related capital budget items in concert with engineering. Direct Management of the Maintenance team.
Reporting to: Head of Maintenance
Direct reposts: 15-15 technicians / engineers
Your Responsibilities will include:
* Fully responsible for the management of the maintenance team. A strong willed Manager who knows the true meaning of being a Good Manager, developing their team, their skills, implementing positive disciplines and cultures and managing positive change for successful results
* Provides technical input, solutions and options on improving productivity/efficiencies and product quality for area of responsibility.
* Establish priorities for the maintenance function/department and work closely with the Factory Manager and Business Unit Managers understanding line demands to ensure the effective utilization of available resources.
* Responsible for the development of BIC (Best in Class) maintenance department and systems supporting the business now and into the future
* Directly supervises the maintenance teams working to ensure a motivated, skilled workforce. Assess skills, writes performance reviews and recommends and/or provides training to ensure department personnel are technically competent to maintain equipment in use at the facility.
* Responsible for tracking expenditures and labour costs to ensure compliance with plant and department budgets.
* Recommend and implement programs to eliminate identified problems, to improve labour utilization, upgrade facilities, and reduce costs.
* Manage tendors and quotes on construction, alteration or installation work as required. Recommends contractors based on cost, workmanship, and completion dates. Administers such contracts and coordinates work performed to ensure expectations are met and contractors adhere to facility policies.
* Responsible for the full management, development, implementation, improvement and compliance of preventative maintenance programs. The system needs to be established and set up and support the needs of the business fully. Tailor build PEMAC
* full job spec available on request
Key Performance Indicators (KPI's)
* Introduction and integration of the PEMAC system from beginning to user end
* To be agreed and assigned upon appointment
* Qualifications: Engineering or another Technical field required, electrical preferred
* 7+ total years maintenance engineering field in a manufacturing environment, including 5+ years Supervisory / Management experience
* Proven experience in project management execution, excellent IT skills
* Experience TPM and/or Lean initiatives
* Experience predictive/preventive maintenance programs
* Budget planning and managing
* Ability to work in a changing and Multi-task environment
* Five years of progressive leadership experience in the management and supervision of building mechanical maintenance operations.
* Strong knowledge of maintenance industry best practices
* Strong knowledge of hydraulic, pneumatic, electronic, boiler, ammonia refrigeration, heat and ventilation, product freezers, and electrical systems
* Safety/OSHA knowledge
* Prior food manufacturing industry experience.
Your personality profile:
* Well Trained & Knowledgeable
* Shows Initiative
* Organised and Analytical
* Maintains Partnerships (internal & external)
To apply for this position, please submit your CV (in Word) now through this website for a review with FRS Recruitment.