Our Clients in Cavan are looking for a Maintenance Fitter to join their team
The Maintenance Fitter must ensure high availability of production equipment through the implementation, monitoring and supervision of maintenance in an industrial production plant.
- Responsible for corrective, planned and preventative maintenance tasks
- Monitor OEE of all equipment and react to maintain production levels taking account of quality parameters, safety parameters and the engineering requirements of the plant.
- Notify staff about breakdowns to ensure they are attended to in a timely fashion.
- Complete and close out on work orders
- Direct works involved in the execution of planned, preventative, predicative and breakdown maintenance activities associated with all equipment.
- Maintaining equipment at an acceptable level of reliability and efficiency so that production delays and underperformance are minimised.
- Identify, through inspection and analysis, potential and real maintenance problems. Bring these to the attention of the General Manager and other relevant parties.
- Prepare and operate within annual maintenance budgets.
- Review continuously the procedures and plans for systematic maintenance to identify areas for change/improvement.
- Assist in carrying out feasibility studies on improvement projects with emphasis on improving production cost and quality.
- Uphold the values/Culture of the business
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as necessitated by your function.
- It is essential that very good relations are established and maintained with the General Manager and Operations Manager.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with all personnel, especially key personnel and those charged with the daily operations of each area within the site.
- Make certain that relationships and processes around Brick Plant and transportation are effectively utilized and maintained, balancing lowest cost against service and availability.
- As in most successful businesses, very good customer, client, and supplier relationships are essential.
Key Attributes/Person Specification:
- Suitably qualified, Engineering experience would be advantageous
- Planning and Organising
- Problem analyser - identify problems and propose solutions
- Sets high work standards
- Shows initiative
- Good communicator
- Ability to handle stress
- Decision maker
Apply today, by sending your cv and I will contact you for a discussion.
Contact Luke Moylan on 0860845653 or email for a confidential chat
Please note: due to current time constraints and travel restrictions, only candidates located in Ireland with full rights to work will be considered for this position.