Commutable from pars of Louth and Monaghan.
The successful candidate will report to the site contract manager and the site factory manager and will work with the maintenance team and be responsible for the plant maintenance to ensure downtime is minimised.
We are looking to speak with good seasoned fitters from a manufacturing or industrial background. Fitting and fabricating are required for role.
- Full engagement in health and safety management on site.
- Respond to plant downtime to ensure that the plant can maximize throughput;
- Responsible for repairing and replacing damaged equipment;
- Interrogate, fault find and resolve any problems that are shown on the company's equipment;
- Active participation in and close out of assigned tasks associated with overhauls to ensure all plant equipment is maintained and repaired as required;
- Active participation and meaningful engagement in continuous improvement activities and meetings;
- Repair and overhaul of all plant & equipment as required;
- Completion of work permits as required and adherence to health and safety standards;
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues at all levels to ensure alignment with business goals and objectives.
- Participation in special projects as required.
Candidates for this position must possess:
Qualified Fitter to work in factory
Relevant experience in a heavy mechanical facility is essential;
Strong problem solving and analytical skills with ability to prioritise key tasks and meet challenging deadlines;
Strong attention to detail and concern for standards with a keen results orientation;
Flexible and willingness work additional hours is necessary
Well-developed interpersonal skills, ability to work in teams, to interact with production/maintenance colleagues and managers alike;
Excellent planning and organisational skills with the ability to take and respond to direction as required;
Self-motivated individual who can work on one's own initiative;