Logistics Operations Manager- South Dublin
My Client, a leading Supplies Distributor based in South Dublin, is looking for a Logistics Operations Manager to join their growing organisation.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an Operations Manager who has experience in Logistics, Transportation and Fleet Management to join a fast paced and growing organisation. This role requires a candidate who has strong team leading skills, who is innovative and strives for continuous improvement.
The required duties for the role include:
- managing the day to day leadership of the transport function across the organisation
-correcting any operational inefficiencies, non performing vendors and cost ineffective practices
- Responsible for ensuring all compliance's in regards to current legislation are being adhered to
- Strategic fleet performance management including 3PL Partners
- Regular auditing of systems, processes and 3PL Partners to ensure that Best Practice is being followed continuously.
- Cost control and high level sign off for fleet activities
- Develop and implement a training program for Transport Managers and Logistics Partners
- Provide exceptional Customer Service to all clients and customers
- Working in conjunction with the Senior Management team to achieve organisational goals
- Any other duties as required in the role
Key requirements for the Desired Operations Manager
- Previous Fleet Management, 3PL Management and Logistics Management experience required
- Highly knowledgeable of Legislative requirements for Transport
- Previous experience in implementing cost saving measures
- Effective leadership skills
- Ability to Prioritise workload, strong attention to detail and highly organised
- Excellent IT skills including ERP systems
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Commercial awareness and numeracy skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Hard working and reliable
If you feel that you fulfil the above qualifications please apply today with your CV. If you have any further queries please contact Rachael Pando of FRS Recruitment.