Logistics / Distribution Manager
LOGISTICS & DISTRIBUTION MANAGER-(DUBLIN SOUTHSIDE)
Are you a motivated & enthusiastic logistics & distribution professional looking for their next opportunity on the southside of Dublin?
If so and you are looking to progress your career with a company that has a proven track record of helping people reach their potential, then this is your lucky day!!
A rapidly growing international multi-service provider (employ over 10000 people across 8 sites in Ireland) who provide textile, hygiene and facility services solutions primarily to clients in the manufacturing, hospitality & healthcare sectors are currently recruiting for a Logistics/Distribution Manager for their plant on the southside of the city.
My client supports a huge portfolio of blue-chip clients and are undergoing huge growth (both organic and through acquisition). This company have been Ireland for many years and have an excellent track record of retaining their staff and in continually investing in the growth and development of their people.
The logistics and distribution manager job offers a competitive salary and benefits package and my client actively promotes training & development, so you'll have loads of opportunity to upskill and develop in the job!
Reporting to the GM as Logistics & Distribution Manager your main remit will be to effectively manage the relief drivers, yard, and dispatch areas.
You will be responsible for ensuring the distribution of products promptly to customers, by managing the drivers, managing the yard and dispatch areas of the site, ensuring their effective and smooth day to day running
Day to day your duties will include:
- To effectively manage and review four delivery routes and drivers
- Manage the daily debrief with drivers
- To manage four relief drivers and ensure that they are allocated to routes, accordingly, ensuring that all routes are accounted for
- To ensure that all routes are fully staffed and loaded
- Manage the time and attendance/ wages system for distribution
- Responsible for keeping up to date on all legal compliance regarding personnel and fleet (CPC, Tachographs, Personal Protective Equipment, Uniforms)
- Identify training requirements and ensuring all compliance training is up to date
- Identify any recruitments needs and liaise with the HR Department
- Managing any investigation or disciplinary issues alongside the HR department
- Effectively manage the yard and dispatch area, and delegate tasks to the dispatch supervisor
- Ensure the housekeeping standards within the yard and dispatch areas
- Ensuring effective stock control
- Responsible for managing the costs within the department including personnel, vehicle rental, third party, fuel, and other costs.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU:
Here are a few things that my client sees as critical for someone to be successful in the role:
- 3-5 years distribution/ logistics management experience in a busy, fast paced environment along with a background in managing and reviewing routes / route revisions.
- People Management experience along with a background in Budgeting and Costings
- A relevant qualification (ideally in supply chain management) and proficient in the excel and the other outlook application along with a strong attention to detail
Sound like your cup of tea? To apply, click the button!