Logistics Coordinator- Galway
My client, a leading Medtech company based in Galway, is in need of a Senior Logistics Coordinator to join their busy and growing Logistics department
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a world class Medtech Organization which is growing and a leader in their industry. This is a great prospect for a Logistics Coordinator who is experienced in working in Logistics and is looking to grow their career.
The responsibilities for the desired Senior Logistics Coordinator include but are not limited to:
- Processing of shipments (transfer orders) from manufacturers to regional distribution centres, including intercompany processing.
- Freight management of shipments (sea/air) from manufacturers to regional distribution centres.
- Manage on-time and accurate receipt and put away of shipments in regional distribution centres, troubleshooting any discrepancies.
- Inventory management:
- Weekly cycle counts for regional distribution centres.
- Month end for all inventory locations, including in transit locations.
- Investigation where physical to system, and system to system quantities do not match. Processing positive and negative adjustments and inventory reclassifications where approved and managing root cause and preventative actions for issues.
- Kitting: manage min/max quantities, and all related transactions.
- Consumables : manage min/max quantities & cost.
- Managing shelf life and end of life inventory in the warehouses
- Liaising with warehouses on any re-work activity
- 3rd party supplier management of regional warehouses and freight forwarders.
- Execution of Duties/ SLAs/ Metrics/Supplier Management Routines including supplier scorecards, continuous improvement and on site QBRs/Cost Management
- Delivery Performance
- Invoicing review and approval
- Securing of freight quotes and benchmarking ahead of annual budgeting process
- Warehousing benchmarking and RFQs when required
- Providing cover for the Customer Fulfilment team including order processing.
The requirements for the desired Senior Logistics Coordinator include:
- Knowledge of material flow and warehouse operations
- Previous experience in a similar Logistics Coordination/ Administration role
- Customs compliance certifications and Dangerous Goods Certification desired but not essential
- Experience working with 3rd party logistics suppliers
- Experience in intercompany transactions in a multinational consumer organisation
- ERP and systems integration knowledge
- Knowledge working with commodity codes, binding tariffs, and duties
- Experience working in a regulated environment
- Experience in VIES, Intrastat and WEEE Reporting
- Highly Organized, hardworking and reliable
If you feel that you fulfil the above qualifications please apply today with your CV. If you have any further queries please contact Rachael Pando of FRS Recruitment.