Logistics Coordinator- Cavan
My client, A leading Global Manufacturer based in Co. Cavan, is recruiting for a pivotal role as a Logistics Specialist in their Supply Chain team.
We are interested to hear from options that have a strong level of experience in freight and freight data management. This is a group role over a few sites in EU and USA and could be the next opportunity that you are waiting for to make your next move.
You will be responsible for detailed planning, coordination, and operation of group wide logistics related activities. The main function of the role will be management of service providers and freight forwarders, data management and the ownership of all internal and external processes.
* Contribute to the creation and implementation of best practice logistics vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve operational performance.
* Ensure all Logistics related processes are effectively managed to support the current and future needs of the business.
* Develop strong working relationships across all departments within the Company.
Can you do this job? Do you have the following?
* The ideal candidate must be energetic, self-driven, result-oriented with a positive outlook and a clear focus on high job quality and attention to detail. He/she must be organised with strong problem-solving skills,
* Minimum of three years' experience in supply chain logistics and planning. Commercially-astute and proven ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines in a customer centric organisation.
* Excellent knowledge of logistic and customs processes and all related data requirements
* Ability to manage day to day logistics tasks, such as all revenue and customs compliance ,invoice checks, freight quotes, cost control and reporting, Incoterms management, dealing with issues shipping into restricted/high risk regions etc.
* Knowledge and experience with ERP systems (SAP preferred) , databases and Microsoft suite. Proficiency with management report writing and creation.
* Experience in negotiation with and management of key service providers.
* Ability to drive change through team work and interact effectively with others and an ability to identify and introduce best in practice software solutions.
* Adaptable and flexible, with a positive attitude and disposition.
* Willingness to travel to sites within EU and US on occasion.
If this sounds like something that you would be interested in please apply today with your CV. If you have any further queries please contact Rachael Pando of FRS Recruitment.