Level 2 IT Project Engineer
Role: Level 2 IT Project Engineer
Department: Professional Services
Reports to: Project Manager
Field service Engineers are strong in all the most common and popular end user and IT Infrastructure issues and technologies, as well as some of the more mature ones.
In addition to strong technical aptitudes, backed by at least 2+ years of hard core in the trenches experience, this person is a powerful communicator and a person who can manage well when the client is in a pickle and needs guidance.
This person should be prompt, know the importance of communicating to clients, and the importance of maximising first time fix resolution.
This is a field-based role and will involve travel to different client sites, covering the South East Region.
- Interest in learning new skills and keeping pace with changing technologies
- Ability to problem solve and work with others to find the best solution
- Precision in your work and attention to all details
- On-point, genuine interpersonal and written communication skills
- Capability to work independently and self-motivate
- A commitment to providing our clients with 100% satisfaction
Unitec serves a wide variety of clients, and just as our clients vary widely in nature, so do our engineers' workdays, though typically they involve one or more of the following tasks:
- Driving Licence: Full: B
- Languages: English C2-Master (Fluent) spoken and written
- Competency Skills: Flexibility, Initiative, Problem Solving, Teamwork
- Specialising In: Server, Office 365, Firewall setup, VMware, Veeam, hyper v, Microsoft, Apple, Wireless Technologies,
Job Description & Skills Required
Duties this may include:
Server Installations & deployments
Managing & troubleshooting (DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, Active Directory, M365)
Managing & troubleshooting Hardware eg. Firewalls/Switches/Access Points/Printers
Travel on site to customers for installs and Remote set ups if required.
Skills & competencies:
- Excellent administration skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Client centric
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good problem-solving
- Good time management
- Good conflict management
- Strong computer literacy especially in Microsoft applications
- Good ticket administration is key to ensure SLAs are being accurately reported.
Credentials and Experience:
- Technical certifications such as CompTIA A+ (901, 902)and CompTIA N, Microsoft, Cisco etc
- 1-2 years of experience in Windows system administration
- 1-2 years' experience with technical support and troubleshooting abilities.
- Client Operating System / Software Installation, Setup, Management,
- PC, printer
- Working Knowledge of Wireless Technologies
- Mobile phone
- Tool kit
- Growth through training, upskilling and internal progression.
- Company Van