Legal and Compliance Officer
I am recruiting for a Legal and Compliance Officer for a client based in South Dublin. The role reports to the Head of Compliance and you will be part of a close knit team. You will carry out the responsibilities of the compliance function in accordance with regulatory requirements.
This is a 2 year FTC. It is a Hybrid work model with 3 days WFH.
- Assist the Head of Compliance with completion of tasks for new compliance and privacy initiatives that apply to the Company.
- Liaise with the first line control functions and stakeholders
Compliance, on compliance initiatives and projects.
- Liaise with external advisors on regulatory and compliance topics and projects.
- Advise the company on compliance matters for its cross-border business.
- Support the embedding of awareness across the company of its regulatory compliance requirements and responsibilities.
- Assist the Head of Compliance in managing the Company's compliance related activities.
- Maintain and assist with implementation of the Company's Compliance Monitoring Plan and conduct compliance monitoring and testing as appropriate.
- At least 3 years' experience in a financial services environment, preferably in a compliance, legal or risk assurance related role.
- Third level qualification, preferably in a financial, compliance or legal related discipline
- If not already held, the role holder may be required to undertake the compliance examinations of the ACOI.
- Highly organized, reliable, able to meet deadlines, self-motivated with the capacity to work autonomously, as part of a team and across teams.
- Able to work off own initiative and feel comfortable putting together board and senior management level presentations.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills with commercial awareness.