Lead Systems Engineer
- Strong technical engagement and partnership with R&D teams to define & optimize system integration and guide architectural design for products developed both internally and externally (including OEMs, contract development and joint-ventures) including
- Architectural definition and block diagrams
- Design tradeoffs
- Interface definition and documentation
- UFMEA technical expert
- Continuously propose and implement required improvements in our processes to enhance agility, to fast track exploration & development and to maximize the value extracted from dedicated capabilities, expertise and resources (based on feedback collected and key learnings extracted)
- Consistently deploy best practices in the field of mechanical devices and digital development & integration (design for six sigma approaches or similar methodologies) while always keeping in mind business relevancy and project effectiveness.
- Cross-Functional Leadership & influence
- Engaged leader with the skills, knowledge and aptitude to empathize, influence, direct and challenge all functions (at all levels) involved in the creation of connected health products in a complex matrix and cross business unit organization.
- Demonstrate strong and clear accountability for the successful and timely completion of designated tasks
- Promote and leverage diversity to achieve best outcomes. Ensure all relevant parties have opportunities to contribute to decisions and outcomes
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, ability to interact with all levels and functions internally and with customers
- Identify budget, resource, and capex planning estimates necessary to bring ideas/products to market.
- You will have a bachelor's degree in Electronics, Software, Mechanical or Systems Engineering, related post graduate degree an advantage.
- Knowledge of global business with intense focus on healthcare and medical technology
- You will have experience independently leading system architecture or innovation initiatives
- You will be able to deliver results by inspiring and mobilizing people and teams.
- You will have a strong ability to network and collaborate effectively with leadership teams.
- You will have proven ability to combine ideas or concepts that generate insights or method for producing business and stimulate long term competitiveness.
- Dynamic problem solver able to anticipate potential problems and create solutions.
- You will be an excellent communicator with ability to run meetings and workshops (face to face, conference calls, Global Connect).
- You will have 10-12+ years' experience in embedded electronics experience, medical industry preferred with demonstrated success developing software based electromechanical systems (sensing, communication and control) with working knowledge of complex algorithm and application development for digital health applications.
- Expertise/experience in the following areas is favorable:
- Application/software development
- Integrated Circuits (analog and digital)
- IT interface and middleware
- RF systems
- Feedback control systems
- Wireless protocols