Lead PHP Developer- Remote/Dublin
Position: Lead PHP Developer
Contract Type: Permanent
Are you a Software Developer who wants to work on the cutting edge of medical technology, creating new technologies, building totally new and exciting systems in medical imaging and AI? Then our client, Dermview is the company for you. FRS Recruitment is delighted to assist Dermview in growing their software development team, starting with a Lead Developer. The ideal Lead Developer will be an experienced PHP Developer, who is comfortable with the Laravel Framework, and is someone who enjoys working in a fast paced tech environment.
DermView has built a teledermatolgy platform which allows consultant dermatologists to review, diagnose and return their diagnosis for patients to receive a diagnosis within days of a nurse taking a patient scan. The reduction in diagnostic time and use of hospital facilities streamlines the clinical pathway, thereby creating the exciting potential to significantly reduce current lengthy waiting lists. As a result, on average 53% of patients do not require a hospital visit.
Their focus is on Blur and Imaging technologies, Artificial Intelligence and quickly moving towards disrupting to two other core areas within the medical arena.
What does the role involve?
- Provide technology expertise, authority and leadership throughout the organisation in all relevant areas including agile software development processes, architecture, QA and user experience.
- Bring our local and remote product and engineering teams on board with the strategic initiatives you will contribute to or propose to the Directors and other members of the leadership team.
- Help define and drive technology vision, strategy, best practices, and roadmap to build capabilities (scalability, security, fault tolerance, extensibility, maintainability etc.)
- Hands-on implementation of the critical interfaces and complex modules of the systems and features, and helping teams investigate and address complex technical issues.
- Collaborate with the engineering team to drive key design decisions, document / communicate architectural expectations, and ensure alignment, as well as provide feedback on code and architectural approaches implemented by the team.
- Stay abreast of industry trends, evaluate technologies to progress platform architecture.
- Partner with the product team to shape product definition and requirements so that it can be built in a flexible, extensible, and robust way.
- Drive a culture of quality, technical curiosity, continuous improvement, and data-driven decision-making.
What skills does the right person need?
- Fluent spoken and written English
- 5+ years full stack development experience building customer-facing solutions, ideally in a SaaS environment with a strong mobile technology focus.
- Experience working with PHP and related Backend technologies (Laravel knowledge is essential)
- Experience building high-performing secure micro-services and customer facing APIs.
- Mastery in database technologies (MySQL / PostGres)
- Proven expertise and passion for continuous development - CI/CD
- Customer-first and results-first mindset and the ability to make practical decisions when making technical choices or recommendations.
- Experience with at least one public cloud platform such as AWS, Azure or GCP
- Must have a track record of strong leadership and communication capabilities, ideally in a distributed/remote team environment.
- Experience in Python or AI/Machine learning is an advantage.