Are you a Lab Technician/Supervisor looking for an opportunity to make your mark in a growing and evolving site in a company whose culture is built on quality, safety and exceeding customer expectations?
Are you customer service orientated Lab professional with knowledge/experience with a track record of providing internal and external customers with a first-class level of service?
Are you open to joining your next company on an initial 12 month contract?
If so, this is the job that you have been looking for!
Our client a well-established company in the food & beverage production space whose plant is commutable from Cork, Limerick & Tipperary is recruiting for a Lab Technician for their Cork plant.
Reporting to Lab Manager this job offers an excellent salary of between €40k-€50k plus benefits
My client is very focused in fostering an environment that helps employees achieve a sustainable work life balance and unlike some multi-national's people days actually finish on time and you are not expected to 'put in the hours' or 'be available online' when your day has ended!
YOUR NEW LAB TECHNICIAN JOB:
Some of the elements of the Lab Tech job to whet your appetite include:
- Carry out Chemical and Microbiological testing when required.
- Provide support to the effectiveness and improvement of the QMS in the lab.
- Maintain test equipment to ensure its continuing fitness for purpose.
- Calibration of laboratory equipment and involvement in the set-up, validation and running of new laboratory equipment, including new techniques.
- Deliver training to other laboratory personnel
- Maintain the currency of all test logs.
- Receive check samples (non-payment) into the laboratory.
- Contribute to continuous improvement initiatives such as 5S execution, auditing, work groups, PSE.
- Conduct internal audits of laboratory systems.
- Maintain QC charts to authenticate accuracy of testing/ instrumentation.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU:
You will hold a relevant degree with 2+ years' experience in a similar role and knowledge of ISO 17025
You will need to have either led or assisted heavily with audits in an ISO17025 accredited lab and
experience in Food/Drinks/Pharmaceutical or Environmental Laboratory would be highly advantageous as would some prior experience in Chemical and Microbiological analysis.
The company culture is one where results are achieved through a strong belief & focus on teamwork, & employee engagement so you will need to share these values to thrive in the Lab Technician/Supervisor job.
Sound like your cup of tea?
To apply, click on the link!