Laboratory Manager Job Westmeath
FRS Recruitment are proud to be collaborating with this International Life Sciences company in Westmeath to recruit a QC Laboratory Manager for their Pharmaceutical Chemistry dept. Having met with the company again last week I am excited to report that the company is expanding so they have lots of opportunities for progression, ( and fun) along the way. If you're interested in working for a successful and dynamic pharmaceutical company in Westmeath, that can offer you a challenging and fulfilling managerial career then read on…….
QC Laboratory Manager
The role of the QC Laboratory Manager is to provide leadership and support in the QC Pharmaceutical Chemistry lab, manage laboratory operations including scheduling, resource management, technical and compliance related issues. You will plan, direct and implement improvements in systems, processes and procedures to increase efficiency, productivity and quality in the QC laboratory.
You will have the opportunity to be involved in strategic planning and expansion initiatives. The Quality Control Manager will be responsible for line management of a team of around 30, to include lab supervisors and scientists
Qualifications/Characteristics that are essential/desirable for this QC Lab Manager job include:
- B.S./M.S. in Chemistry or scientific discipline plus 10 or more years of experience in pharmaceutical industry.
- Ph.D. in Chemistry or scientific discipline plus at least 6 years of experience in pharmaceutical industry
- 5 years+ of management experience in the pharmaceutical industry to include stability/QC/analytical R&D project and program management, direct supervision of technical staff, direction of laboratory operations and implementation of process and system improvements
- Thorough knowledge of FDA and international pharmaceutical regulations
- Knowledge of ICH guidelines and other regulatory requirements for stability and QC testing and method validation.
- Experience in developing laboratory SOPs and revisions according to regulatory guidelines
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge of GMP, and safety guidelines
- Solid knowledge in operation and troubleshooting analytical instrumentation such as HPLC, GC, dissolution equipment, etc.
- Knowledge of statistical assessments of data
- Participate in internal audits to ensure regulatory readiness
- Monitor lab KPIs and drive improvements
Attractive salary package on offer which also includes enhanced annual leave days, pension, health insurance, yearly bonus, life insurance,further training and education assistance
If you enjoy working in an environment where you can make a difference, and work within a unique culture, I would love to hear from you.
Apply Today! Or Contact Felicity Farrell at FRS Recruitment for more information